Old 16-04-2005, 02:12 PM
SH

"jane" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 07:48:19 GMT, "SH" wrote:

~
~"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
~ wrote:
~
~ Please say if you are directing follow ups to a different group,
~ X-posted and FU's set to URG
~
~
~
~I'd recommend B&D rechargeable with a ?2yr guarantee. I bought one a few
~years ago - it was brilliant buy it went wrong just before the then 3yr
~guarantee was up and the machine was almost totally rebuilt foc. Also no
~cables to contend with.
~Sally
~
~
I would NOT recommend a battery strimmer. They have a nasty habit of
losing charge progressively, and can't cut a wet paper bag.

I bought one for the allotment and within 6 months it would only strim
for 10 minutes as against the 30 it would to begin with. Waste of
money (I bought a petrol one after that). I have the cheapest B&D one
you can get for the back garden, but still wind up using the petrol
more often, simply because I don't have to worry about cables.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Despite the last comment, I am very pleased with my rechargeable strimmer.
I had owned electric ones before and find this one far superior and much
easier to manoeuvre. It cuts well and has a lawn edge guide.