Old 16-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Colin Brook

Default systemic insecticide for conservatory plants

Hello,
I'm having a problem with various aphids in the conservatory, in
particular on the new growth of bougainvillaea - in the past I've used
systemic insecticide pins with good success when the aphid quantity has
become too much to treat with soft soap and marigolds have helped but
they're not ready yet.

I've bought some provado concentrate to make a systemic drench but every
time I look at the instructions I'm concerned about safety.

Is there any other product that I could use? I'm reluctant to spray with
other than soft soap solution, hence the enthusiasm for drenching the
compost.

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Tel:+44(0)1962-714030 Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703