Old 16-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Warren

Greetings! What is the best time to use Roundup - now [in middle of
April 2005] before the weeds grow or after the weeds have grown? I live
in Mississippi. With thanks.

If by "before the weeds grow" you mean before any foliage appears, Round-Up
is not a pre-emergent herbicide. It won't stop new weeds from growing. It
only kills existing weeds.

Round-Up is absorbed by the foliage, and then attacks the growth systems of
the plant. So it also won't work on weeds that are at the end of their
growth cycles, or are dormant. Round-Up works best when the weeds are
actively growing, or even flowering. And any Round-Up that doesn't stick to
the leaves is wasted. It does no good to wet the soil. It also does no good
to apply Round-Up, and then mow down the foliage before the weeds completely
die back.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Care for your landscape with Black and Decker cordless tools
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html