Old 16-04-2005, 05:04 PM
nambucca

"tom" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:46:51 +0100, tom wrote:
I have jut read an article where it advises putting lime in the bottom
of the hole, than turning the turf I have removed upside down and
putting it back into the hole.

I also have a bit of builders rubble which I am thinking of lining the
hole with.

Will this help?
Hi,

My existing lawn goes right up to the side of my garage and I found it
hard to mow up to the side of it. So I have removed the lawn (2ft x
7ft) and have dug a hole about 1 spade depth. I then bought a couple
of large bags of top soil & 1 of manure.

I woke up this morning planning to empty all 3 bags in the hole & put
in a few plants. Sea Holley, berberis & some 60 bulbs (gladioli &
iris)

But with last nights rain & snow, the hole is full of water & doesn't
look to be going away. Its quite heavy clay!

Stupidly I emptied one of the bags into the hole thinking it would
soak up the water but that didn't seem to work so I have used a bucket
& emptied most of it out.

BUT does this mean it wont be any use as a flower bed once Its filled
in with soil?

Thanks for your help.

Plant the bamboo in large deep pots with decent drainage holes .......this
way they dont run and cause trouble
Choose Black Bamboo or one of the other non invasive varieties