Old 16-04-2005, 07:32 AM
bassett

You will be battling Algae growth, to the point that it will become
established, and nothing will shift it.
As for Heating, You will still need a Heater, and it's thermostat will not
cut in until the water drops in temperature. Do not rely on sunlight to heat
the water.
As for a Lazy mans aquarium, that's easy, Place the tank out of any
sunlight, set the thing up correctly, buy a BIG canister filter and you
will only need about an hour a week in maintenance
bassett

"Aaron" wrote in message
.net...

Thanks. I'm thinking of a lazy man's aquarium, like my last.
Easy plants, no lights no timers, propagates itself. I just
need to add fish food.

In article ,
says...
Aaron wrote:
What if I put the tank by a windows? Is that good? Do anyone
do that?

Thanks for the info.

I do. I have a 10 gallon currently running on only sunlight. There are
a few problems, but they can be overcome fairly easily. Plants grow
sideways towards the window so you don't get an ideal shape. Sunlight
is also bright, and you will have a fair amount of algae to control with
cleaning, heavy planting, and algae eaters. Also, tall plants at the
back tend to block the light so you have to use low light plants in the
front if you want a backdrop. Low plantings over the whole tank work
really well. Finally, the sunlight can heat the water so be sure the
tank is adequately heated at night.