Old 17-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Stan The Man

I will also say a good word for my B&D cordless Strimmer - the GLC2000
12v model. The big battery makes it a bit heavier than others but it's
more powerful too and I can get all my weekly trimming for a half-acre
garden done in the 30 minutes cutting time it gives me. Power hardly
drops off at all at the end. It's powerful enough to clear light
undergrowth as well as overgrown grass and it doubles up as a pretty
good lawn edger. The lack of cable combined with the automatic line
feed makes it very considerably faster than any corded trimmer.

I would add that the battery is a pig to remove and requires big hands
which, together with the weight might make this trimmer less suitable
for (some) women.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product...0&r=2176&g=123