Old 17-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Warwick

In article , says...

Maybe we should all add a bit to our sig..........

"This post is coming to you via Uk.Rec.Gardening and is NOT a part of
gardenbanter. Please join a proper newsgroup!"

Or words to that effect:~)
If we ALL did it then it would be on public display

The downside is that post came uncomfortably close to being filtered out
by my news server and the one at work. Gardenbanter posts just don't
appear on those servers since we consider the repositioning of publicly
available inforamation in a free forum with rebadging as copyright
theft. Now we just need to come up with a way of preventing our own
posts showing up on their site.

Auto sigs such as "In our opinion Gardenbanter are stealing our ideas"
seem to be the preferred option.

I can't imagine they'll continue copying our posts if we continue to
publish our opinions about them in usenet.

Warwick