Old 17-04-2005, 01:56 PM
fran

Just a note - these are edge-of-the-woods plants. I'd say get 4 - 5
foot tall trees and plant along the edge of the woods. I actually
have mine in full sun in my yard and they bloom like crazy every year.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:17:30 GMT, wrote:

We live on five acres surrounded by woods. We would like to see more
redbuds and dogwoods in the woods and wonder what is the easiest way
to get 2-3 or each to grow? We don't have a way to get water to them
so whatever we do will just have to be left up to mother nature. Can
we start these kinds of small trees with seeds planted in the forest
or do we need cuttings or small seedlings? Any suggestions will be
appreciated.