Old 17-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Kye

Alison,

Send away. If anyone gives you grief, tell em that Kye said it was ok. As
long as your pics are no larger than about 150K you will be fine. As far as
I am concerned .bmp (bitmaps) are just fine and are probably even more
easily read for some out there than jpegs.

Well done on your research and I applaud you requesting assistance before
you made an error. I only wish that many ppl were half as diligent as you
are.

Kye.

PS - If your wondering why I suggest to tell them that I said it was ok, its
because I made a.b.p.orchids.

"Alison" wrote in message
. ..
I was going to try posting photos on a.p.b.o., & after ages of first
trying to find it & then messing around with "Usenet Replayer", I
finally found the page that lets you send a message. Then, I hunted
through RGO for guidelines for photo posting, & found that the
pictures should be jpegs or gifs. My scanner is on an old computer
which doesn't allow the option of saving either type, so I usually
e-mail photos to friends as Windows bitmaps. So, I scanned them,
saved them, & then converted them in "Paint" to jpegs on the other
computer. When I scanned them I made the picture sizes similar to
those I saw on a.p.b.o., & they were generally 60-80K ... but then
when I converted them to jpeg on the other computer, they have all
come up at 6 or 7 KB. I have tried e-mailing them to myself & it
seems to work, but one of my e-mail addresses doesn't seem to be
working either, & Yahoo keeps asking me to verify that I am not a
spammer...!
It is 2 a.m. & maybe I'm just not doing this right due to being very
tired & also distracted by the cat who wants me to shut off the
computer & go to bed... but before crapping up on a.p.b.o., I thought
I'd better ask... can I send them at that size? Can I send them as
bitmaps? Assuming I can get it to work, how many pictures is it
appropriate to post at once? I found a dozen that were good but
didn't want to clutter up the group if there was a limit.
I'll figure it out after a while.... :P

Alison
(NOT a computer whiz)