Old 17-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Colin Brook

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
Then almost certainly a soap. I use Savona (available from Green
Gardener or Tuckers, but not most garden centres due to our wonderful
Whitehall), which washes off just like any other liquid soap.

Naturen, on the other hand, leaves a surface film as sticky and as hard
to remove as linseed oil does (i.e. it is another 'drying' oil). Never
again ....

I had always thought of Naturen as a soap and wasn't aware of the
significant difference between it and Savona - thanks.
I've mainly used Naturen because it was recommended for scale on Citrus
and I've used it for aphids generally.

I'll give one of the lighter soap only solutions a try.

Regards,
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Tel:+44(0)1962-714030 Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703