Old 17-04-2005, 04:43 PM
rsvp

Another scenario--summer 2000. Cedar Park.

Tree down the street on lot about to be built on. Builder thinks
re-locating bees in tree should be attempted so as not to just nuke a hive
cause it chose to live where they are building a house. Calls beekeeper.
Beekeeper arrives and messes around with tree in attempt to capture them.
He tells the builder he can't do anything and he leaves. Must have angered
the bees in the process.....

Bees now swarm and attack dogs in yard across the street and kill one. FD
comes with foam. Foam is almost ineffective--FD goes door to door warning
neighborhood to stay in and if in car keep windows rolled up.

Speculation was the bees may have been partially Africanized but not sure if
a true determination was made.

--
ie
"ride fast, take chances"

"Red" wrote in message
m...
I have the same problem and have had some success with garlic spray. Took

couple of cloves of garlic and put them in the blender with some water and
then let the mixture set for awhile, strained it and put it in a spray
bottle. Just spray the feeder with the result seems to discourage the

bees
but not the hummers.

"Eric Gray" wrote in message
We have large oak trees in our yard, and the tops are covered with

bees!
They have started to build nest on the porch and through out the yard.

My
six year old is seriously allergic to the bees. I went to Home Depot a
bought some spray but it didn't phase them at all. If bees could laugh
thats what they were doing. What can I use that works and is safe around
the house. Thanks in advance
Crystal.

Crystal