Old 17-04-2005, 07:00 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:17:34 -0700, "Bob H" wrote:

How wide is this new proposed spillway? I used to have a formula I think it
is 100 gph per inch but I am not positive.....I would suggest trying out the
pumps you have to see what it looks like, try one and see what it looks
like, but I am thinking using the (perhaps faulty formula) that a 24"
spillway would need a 2400 gph flow. my main concern is that you have
enough flow to truly cascade rather than dribble....you will also want to
check and make sure there is a liner under the rock face in question
otherwise you will have on big leak :-).
My pump is 5000 gph running 2 waterfalls each less than 18'' wide at their
widest point, the results are (to me) quite impressive
http://groups.msn.com/TheOldGardenPond/bobspond.msnw

Wow, Bob, your pond and area have really matured nicely. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~