Old 18-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Justin West

Okay here is a beginners dumb question, and perhaps I'll throw in a
second one just for good luck.

1) As I understood it from reading a lot of literature it is
unadvisable to place a tank too close to a window as the temperature
may rise beyond acceptable tolerances for your fish. Is this not the
case, or simply a matter of choosing species accordingly?

2) I have to admit my ignorance in plant choosing. As the store I have
been dealing with seem to label their fish only and not their plants.

However that being said, in a freshwater aquarium is it okay to
purchase the plants and leave them in the containers as they come? Or
should you remove them and plant them in the bed rock?

The store has indicated that I should be able to leave the ones I got
in the pot; however, I have been noticing that they are not doing too
well. There is one that has fairly wide leaves and seems to be
developing holes in the middle of them and are browning..

Any suggestions, Comments, Critizism, and general just " you idiot " ?

TIA, JW