Old 17-04-2005, 10:28 PM
KD

Default separating bulbs - tulips and iris

Greetings folks:

Very much a beginner here, and this year I'm attempting to actually put some
effort into the yard to make it more attractive.

I have some tulips and a patch of irises that were already here when we
bought the house. Both did fairly well the first year, but last summer both
suffered quite a bit. Lots of greenery, few blooms. This year will be summer
number three.

I'm guessing that maybe they need to be divided to do better. On to the
question. Is this the proper time to do this? Right now I've got greenery,
but only leaves, no buds happening yet.

According to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, my Halifax location is zone
6a.

Thanks!

KD