Old 17-04-2005, 09:38 PM
peterlsutton

Sounds like my garden. I am on clay, and after it rains there are or were
puddles lying on the surface. You did not have to dig a hole. Three
suggestions:-

1) check where drainage from garage roof goes. That could put a lot of
water in one spot. I have ducted mine away to a gravel area.

2) If you are on clay it is worth improving the soil, with sharp
sand/grit./10 mil gravel, and digging in plenty of organic matter.

3) Turn it to your advantage by planting damp loving plants. I grow
hydrangea, astilbe, monada, perenial lobelia, lythrum, eupatorium etc. It
looks fantastic.

best of luck Peter