Old 17-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Aries

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:36:19 GMT, Pam Moore wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:55:34 +0100, Aries
wrote:

We are considering planting a fast growing tree about 8 feet away from the
corner of our house for reasons of privacy. An evergreen would be
preferable but any tree with roots that would not extend too far towards
the house is a must. Suggestions gratefully received.TIA

Birch isn't evergreen!

Yep, I know, but was considering either or

How about viburnum tinus? I have one about 10 ft high and 6 ft wide,
but I cut it back when it gets too big. It has flower interest in
winter. Not sure about the roots, as mine is futher from the house.
Janet's idea of a screen sounds a better bet.

I agree. I am thinking more of a screen now. Thanks for replying Pam

--
Great ability develops and reveals itself increasingly
with every new assignment.