Old 18-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Gareee©

The problem with lava rocks is that they easily get clogged with muck and
lose their effectiveness. They also don't have a very good surface to
weight or surface to volume ratios. They're difficult to clean and just
heavy. But some people like them, obviously I don't. Instead of tossing a
bunch of lava rocks into the stream bed. Try this idea:

It was posted here by someone a few weeks back.

http://www.mvwgs.org/filter.htm

Instead of using lava rocks, I suggest you first try buying a bulk pack of
green scotch pads from resturant supply store first. As a bonus, you can
put a pot or two top of the millk crate and use it as a for a plant which
will hide the milk crate to boot.

I think I might take a crack at this... so the alge from the pond gets
trapped in the outer part of the furnace filter material with this setup?

What I'll most likely change, is the outlet hose will run up to our Gargoyle
spitter.

I might use a 50/50 split of lava rock/scotch pads inside as wel.. or maybe
extra filter material inside? (Might be much cheaper then the scotch pads,
and more readily available.)

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm