Old 19-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Travis

I recently removed a section of my asphalt driveway to make way for
a small garden. My plan was to remove about a foot or two of the
very poor looking dirt under the section of drivway and replace with
topsoil.

This dirt is mostly rocks, clay and sand, but contains small pieces
of asphalt and asphalt dust. I thought I might spread it over a
section of lawn that I was planning on turning into a raised bed. I
would then cover it with topsoil.

My question is, will this layer of "stuff" hurt the plants that will
grow above and though it? Could it hurt the rest of the world below
it? Is this a bad thing to do?

-Rick

Would you eat the asphalt?

USDA Zone 8