Old 18-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Steve Calvin

We have a dedicated garden, about 25' x 40'.
The soil has been worked every year for about 8 years.

So I'm not looking for something that needs to break sod or heavy
clay.

We can't afford a more heavy-duty tiller this year, and I'd like to
have something of my own so I can stop borrowing tillers.

The Mantis seems decent for the price. I see that Troy-Bilt makes a
similar cultivator in the same price range.

The Mantis comes with a free edger, and they have a plow/furrower
attachment for $50.

They also have a 1-year, no-hassle return policy.

Can anyone comment on these cultivators from personal experience?

Folks either love 'em or hate 'em. I've had mine for about 6 years and
haven't seen anything that it won't handle yet. Don't know if I'd wanna
do a 25x40 with it though. Even though it would do it, it would take
quite a few passes back and forth.

--
Steve