Old 19-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Steveo

Default KB sod not filling in

Dick Shenary wrote:
Last summer I put down a 95% KB/5% Dwarf Fescue sod lawn. The lawn
appears to be healthy; a dark deep green and lush growth.

I expected all of the seams to be invisible by now, and a couple of
bare spots from dog urine to have repaired themselves. This isn't
happening.

Approx. 10% of the seams are still discernable and the dog urine
patches have yet to fill in.

Do these symptoms indicate a problem, or simply that my expectations
are too high?

Northern California, a mix of Sunset zones 7,8,&9, soil tested and
amended prior to the sod, no compacting.

Have you had decent rainfall there? Was the soil prepared a least a
little before the sod was laid?