Old 19-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Tim Challenger

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:42:48 +0100, [H]omer wrote:

Phil L wrote:
[H]omer wrote:
:: I have little monsters in my potting shed.

:: They dig all the earth out of the pot, scatter the earth all over
:: the shed, then dig up the gravel (drainage) at the bottom, and
:: carry it off with them - up to the top shelf. We're talking 1cm
:: granite chips, in some cases.

:: Seems like very unusual behaviour for, say, mice. What would mice
:: do with granite chips?

the stone chips don't make sense unless there is water impregnated in
them?

...maybe they are building a mini rockery?

The 'water' explanation is plausible, I suppose; weird though.

It did, in fact, look like a case of 'mini-gardening'.

Maybe they thought they were hard seeds and were hoarding them, as they do?

--
Tim C.