Old 19-04-2005, 01:49 PM
fernvalley

Before ordering mulch in quantity, do the math to see how the bulk
price (including delivery) compares to buying it by the bag at Lowes or
Home Depot. I did the math a couple of years ago on cedar mulch (using
cubic feet per bag to determine how many bags would I get in 10 cubic
yards) and found out it was within pennies per yard as far as cost was
concerned. When I figured in the convenience of taking the bags to
where I wanted the mulch vs. loading the garden cart by shovel and
unloading by the shovel, I decided the few pennies were worth the
difference. FWIW, I had my engineer hubby check my math just to make
sure I hadn't goofed in my calculations.

1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet (3 ft x 3 ft x 3 ft)

Happy calculations.