Old 19-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Roger

Mike wrote:
Also is it worth lining the shed side of the bed.

My only contribution here is with regards to the 'soil against the shed'.

Don't!!

The shed will rot faster than you could believe.

I have made a raised border against the neighbours fence and laid three rows
of concrete blocks, laid flat, just clear of the fence and fronted the
border with a couple of rows of 'book sized' broken paving slabs. The plants
at the front tumble over onto the patio and the plants at the back 'almost'
cover the concrete blocks, but strategically placed containers are also on
the concrete blocks as they form a very stable shelf.

All of this was made on very old rough concrete, but I made holes for
drainage before filling with soil and compost.

This is the first full year, I did this in the Spring of last year, and it
looks fine :-))

Mike

Correguated roofing sheet can be placed against the side of the shed in
front of the earth. Make sure that the sheet goes right down below the
level of the woodwork and that the air can circulate from underneath the
shed.

I would suggest the heavy duty resin types. Light plastic is not stroong
enougth, and cement fibre will still hold the dampness.

Give a good pasting of wood preserver to the bit of the shed to be
covered before placing the panel.