Old 19-04-2005, 06:00 PM

On 2005-04-19, wrote:

Fellow Gardeners,

My four gorgeous and much-loved Japanese Maple Trees were stolen from my
porch in Durham on Saturday. I live directly across from the NC
School of Science and Math. The trees were in pots and planters and of
various sizes, and each tree is a different variety: Brocade, Murasake
Kiyohime, Orangeaola, and Viridis.

My questions for this newsgroup are, have any of you had problems with
plant theft? Any suggestions for trying to get these plants back? I am
offering a reward of $50 for their return, no questions asked.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Melissa

My oh my. They will steal just about anything these days. You may want
to check out all the houses in the surrounding blocks. Sounds like
something a couple drunk college kids would do and they would be dumb
enough to leave them on their front lawn. I don't think pawn shops
would take them. Who would unless some rogue landscaper had a special
order.

You may have to anchor the replacements with a chain!!! Hope you find
them.

is a garbage address.