Old 19-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: As I understand it, you are not allowed to bring plants and seeds
:: into this country from abroad. Is this a total ban? Are there any
:: 'loop holes' or 'blind eye' opportunities to bring a 'memento' or
:: two of a cruise in?
::
:: ;-))
::

I don't know, but last week I found a mimosa seed which had remained in my
camera case since last August when I came back from Turkey, I planted it but
it didn't do anything...in the past few days I have built a heated frame[1]
inside the GH and put the pot in last night, this morning it's almost an
inch high - the bloody thing's going to be a triffid!

[1]
It's heated by gas and so I can't rig up a thermostat, last night was frosty
here but the min/max thermometer read that inside the frame went down to
60F, but the max was almost 100, of course the early sun today bumped the
temperature sky high, but there's little I can do about it, we have the
house at around 60F during the day, at night it's not much higher than
outside! - me chillis were stunted in here.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004