Old 19-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
::: I don't know, but last week I found a mimosa seed which had
::: remained in my camera case since last August when I came back
::: from Turkey,
::
:: That was one little seed which 'crept' in ;-)
::
:: In the past when we have cruised we have had weight restrictions
:: by flying out to the Cruise ship. This time we are cruising from
:: Southampton. No weight restrictions, taxi from home to the ferry
:: at Cowes and Taxi from the ferry at Southampton to the ship :-))
:: One and a half hours from home to ship :-))
::
:: I was hoping to bring plants and seeds from anywhere. We have a
:: very hot part in the South facing garden and can shelter it from
:: the severest of weather.

I think seeds would be your best bet, plants are a bit suspicious as well as
bulky, plus you will have to try and keep them alive for the remainder of
your voyage, seeds can be stashed in socks, film tubes, camera cases
etc....I don't know the exact rules regarding bringing stuff like this into
the country except that it's 'not allowed' somewhere down the line, which is
where the socks and film tubes come in!

FWIW, I've *never* heard of a case where someone has been 'done' for it, and
let's face it, since mankind first clambered aboard a hollowed-out log, he's
brought all kinds back with him on the off-chance that it would 'look nice'
in his back yard, or taste good in a stew.

:-P

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004