Old 19-04-2005, 11:12 PM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle
Roger wrote:

Correguated roofing sheet can be placed against the side of the[/i][/color]
shed
in front of the earth. Make sure that the sheet goes right down

below
the level of the woodwork and that the air can circulate from
underneath the shed.

I would suggest the heavy duty resin types. Light plastic is not
stroong enougth, and cement fibre will still hold the dampness.

Give a good pasting of wood preserver to the bit of the shed to be
covered before placing the panel.

Interesting, Roger. How long does it keep on working? With my luck
the weight of soil would squeeze even heavtyweight resin. Would you
recommend fitting 2x1 treated timber spacers edge-on along the bottom
of the shed to make sure the resin sheeting stays away?

--
Mike.
Thanks for that, so it seems the plants will be okay but the shed wont.

Since this a low point in the garden, Im going to dig a "soak" nearby and fill it with/sand gravel, probably only a meter deep and square (not alot of room). Then dig a sloping trench from the raised bed and fill with similar, overlayed with soil. Will this help or do you think it will just attract ground water from elsewhere? (The area is under my "playarea").

Ed