Old 20-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Dick Shenary" wrote in message
Last summer I put down a 95% KB/5% Dwarf Fescue sod lawn. The lawn
appears to be healthy; a dark deep green and lush growth.

I expected all of the seams to be invisible by now, and a couple of
bare spots from dog urine to have repaired themselves. This isn't
happening.

Approx. 10% of the seams are still discernable and the dog urine
patches have yet to fill in.

Do these symptoms indicate a problem, or simply that my expectations
are too high?

Northern California, a mix of Sunset zones 7,8,&9, soil tested and
amended prior to the sod, no compacting.

I'm not familiar with dwarf fescue, but tall fescue doesn't self repair. It
propagates by seed, not rhyzome or stolon. The only way to fill in bare
spots in tall fescue is to overseed or patch with more sod.