Old 20-04-2005, 02:42 AM
John Savage

len gardener writes:
dunno mate spose everythings worth a try hey? i usually don't have any
garlic around when tomato season is on the go but maybe you could do
something next season lets us know hey, might be a whole lot more
pallatable than the diesel wick bottles hey lol.

grin I'd forgotten about your diesel luminares, Len. Anyway, with the
price of oil skyrocketting, those diesel wicks might soon be too expensive
for the home gardener to use!

I don't grow tomatoes--currawongs turn the fruit into empty green shells!

but for me mate if it's good homegrown garlic i reckon i'd be eating
it love me garlic, actually a little whitey before we've just planted
around 600 give or take garlic corms/bulbets/clovets (hard-necks &
soft-necks) whatever, hoping to turn a dollar or 2 next spring as the
only garlic in shops up here is that polluted chinese stuff, current
organic retail price for garlic in sydney 30+ bucks.

Good luck with your new venture. Growing garlic would have one thing in
its favour: it should be pretty much bug free!!!!