Old 19-04-2005, 09:14 PM
dps

Not all seeds are equal in their life expectancy.

Lettuce and carrot -- probably dead.

Tomato -- pretty good chance of nonzero germination (but significantly
less than 100%)

But, there's a small but nonzero chance that I'm wrong.

Put some seeds on a damp paper towel and keep in a warm spot (room
temperature, not really warm). Be sure to keep the paper towel damp (not
really wet). If nothing happens in two weeks, they're dead. If you let
the paper towel dry out, start over.

alice wrote:
"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...

I found some lettuce, carrot and tomato seeds the are close to 13 years
old.
will they Grow?
I have heard storys of seeds that are hundreds of years old that grow
but I am not sure.
they are unopened packeges og seeds so I don't think Moitsture has
affected them
Chuckie
Zone 5

Only one way to find out! Plant them!