Old 19-04-2005, 09:28 PM
dave weil

On 19 Apr 2005 13:02:46 -0700, "Rachel" wrote:

Thanks so much for all the good info!! I hadn't thought about how to
encourage it upwards, I must say I like the teepee idea. Its supposed
to be continuous blooming, I purchased it from Heirloom Roses, and they
advertised it as such.. hopefully it will be true to the advsrtising.

I've read a little bit about pegging roses, climbers in particular, to
encourage growth. Will Cecile Brunner respond to that well, or will it
just become a monster?

I don't think you need to worry about growth. Pegging *might* be
helpful to encourage full growth at ground level so that you get a
"hedge-like effect, though.