Old 20-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Mike

There's quite a few you can bring in without a license, but it's dependant
on where they came from, whether they are diseased or carrying pests etc

and
whether they pose a threat to our own native species, there's a PDF format
list here, quite a good read too.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Learning/resea...d_e_abroad.pdf

Many thanks to Neill and Phil for the information and the web sites. I will
be taking a laptop with me so will run those two sites onto it and call them
up as and when required.

We are certainly not collecting for commercial gain, just a few memories to
go into the garden on our return, 'if' the plant is suitable for our
climate. Whilst we do have a 'certain amount of rain' in this country, I
don't think that a plant from the Tropical Rain Forest would last too long
;-((

Have to be honest, I thought ANY plant/seed brought back was a no no. Thanks
for enlightening me :-))

Mike