Old 20-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
gasdoctor wrote:

Similar situation, but a south west facing shed.
Approx 3m wide, 2m high.
I want color for as long as possible, how many clematis will it take
(will it take 3, ie armandii, an early and a late.

Any suggestiions on which ones ( i just look at the flowers)

That size isn't enough for armandii and anything else - anyway, armandii
is itself an early clematis. I would go for C. alpina (much smaller,
and can be pruned more easily), perhaps a C. x jackmanni and Campsis
x taglibuana. While the last doesn't flower for long, it is spectacular
(and latish summer).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.