Old 20-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Ron B

On 4/8/05 2:36 PM, in article
t, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:4/8/05 2:36 PM

"Ginger" wrote in message
news
I have a JD L120 mower. JD or Briggs want $10 for an oil filter. An
oil filter for my car costs about $3. So, does there exist a
cross-reference so a person could use a sensibly priced $3 oil filter
(albeit not bearing the JD or Briggs logos but that's OK!) for there
LT?

I just got the JD filter today and it was less than $ 6 at the Deer dealer.
It does requrie a special trip just to get it from where I live.

You should be able to cross reference your filter at a local auto parts
dealer. I got a cross reference to a Craftsman filter after getting the
parts numbers recently. A year or so ago, my local Cub dealer told me that
their part numbers cross reference with with Craftsman filters.

After the Craftsman filters went to $10 a pop, I decided to switch to Mobil1
filters. They filter 95% and cost same.

Oil filters and the oil (highly recommend synthetic) you use will go a long
way to give extra insurance that your engine won't break down and give you
trouble IMHO.