Old 20-04-2005, 12:11 PM

Raleighgirl wrote:
No, I don't work there, etc. I just believe in supporting local
businesses as much as possible.

That's why I get 95% of my hardware needs from Burke Brothers,
on Hillsborough near the Fairgrounds in Raleigh. Their prices
on most things are very competitive with the big places, it's
easy to get to and easy to park, and the WONDERFUL people who
work there will either provide really excellent help, or will
leave you alone to browse, whichever you prefer. It looks
small from the street, but they've got an incredible assortment
of goods inside. Burke Brothers is what lawn/garden/hardware
shopping SHOULD be like, and I'm real glad there's a little
locally owned place still providing it!

(Same disclaimer: no connection to the store except as a very
satisfied customer for 6-7 years.)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001