Old 20-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Phil L

Kay wrote:
:: In article , Phil L
:: writes
::: Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
:::::
::::: Obviously R.E. wasn't on the syllabus at whatever school it was
::::: you attended...
:::
::: It was but they didn't teach us about Latin / Italian / Greek
::: spellings for obscure plants, it was more about God, Yahweh,
::: Iseraelites and such likes, what a strange school you must have
::: attended. :-p
:: Maybe it's a girls' school thing - you mean you didn't get the
:: biblical story about Jesus referring to Peter as his 'rock' (or
:: something like that ...)?

Hmmm, no not really, we didn't get any biblical stories at all, it was more
a kind of 'debate' type lesson where the teacher would put forward a topic
(maybe religion related, I can't remember) and the whole class would argue
against each other...he would sit on his desk watching the battle unfold and
only ever chirped in if it got too heated. - it wasn't a religious school,
so RE itself wasn't a study of the christian religion, more a study of
religion per se.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004