Old 20-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Popeye

Thanks Rod.

I had no idea they required acidic conditions.

I'll be out at the weekend buying some plug trays and ericaceous compost!

Rod wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:09:48 +0100, Popeye

The longer you leave them in the germination medium, the greater the
risk of damping off. When you prick them out put them into very small
pots or plug trays of ericaceous compost. As with all pricking out
they are very delicate and must only be handled by the cotyledons
(seed leaves) and only lighly firmed into the previously watered
compost (soft water)
They are well worth a bit of extra trouble.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.