Old 20-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
Hmmm, no not really, we didn't get any biblical stories at all, it was more
a kind of 'debate' type lesson where the teacher would put forward a topic
(maybe religion related, I can't remember) and the whole class would argue
against each other...he would sit on his desk watching the battle unfold and
only ever chirped in if it got too heated. - it wasn't a religious school,
so RE itself wasn't a study of the christian religion, more a study of
religion per se.

I guess you're a lot younger than me ;-)
That sort of thing was considered very 'advanced' in my day.
--
Kay