Old 20-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Terry Perrett wrote:
Hi can anyone tell how to grow these things. I brought some seeds back from
spain about 9 years ago, it has grown steadily to about 4 ft high, 2 years
ago I had 1 flower for the first time and since then nothing at all.
I over winter it in a conservatory and keep it dry, I have tried feeding it
some years and ignoring it others but I must be doing something wring. My
sister who lives about 10 miles away gets hers to flower every year.
Any advice from you experts out there?

My guess is that you have been unlucky. Plants grown from seed are
variable, and it might be a poor flowerer. I am no expert, but it
sounds as if you are treating it correctly.

I assume that it is in very well-drained compost, somewhat pot-bound,
and you feed only in summer and not with too much nitrogen.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.