Old 21-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Sunflower

"Compostman" wrote in message
I'm interested in getting some software that will help me kept track of
what I have planted where,

Any spreadsheet software that came on your computer will work for that.

and also help with design. Any suggestions? Thanks, John

There isn't any decent design software to speak of. It's all GIGO, and if
you can't do a decent design now, then having an additional tool at your
disposal isn't going to help, as that is all any software is, a tool. You
can use an imaging program like Photshop or Paint to help you visualize a
bit, but really, the best design tool is a scale drawing of your grounds
along with tranparent overlays where you can fiddle things out and figure
out where the large blobs go vs. the small ones. And, if you don't have
enough gardening knowledge to convert Large Blob A into a live oak and Semi
Large Blob B into a crabapple, and those Little Small Blobs into hosta
aureomarrginata, then you need to do some trips to the library to educate
yourself or hire a professional.