Old 21-04-2005, 07:38 AM
taz

There are both 4 stroke and 2 stroke mowers, and the fuel is not
interchangeable without damage resulting. The easy way to tell the
difference is if the engine has inlet & exhaust valves it is 4 stroke. If
started and run for a few seconds the noise & tickover beat will tell you
too. Most 2 strokes also say on the fuel tank or cap what the mix should
be.
Ask any mechanic - they'll tell you in seconds. Or phone the seller or
Red Devil.

Thanks for the reply Duncan. Its a small world isn't it :-)
The petrol cap has no mention of oil mix and the engine does
run like a four stroke. I think I am being over cautious but
my fear is of it seizing if I get it wrong.
What specific should I look for regarding valve to confirm.

Cheers taz.