Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
BenignVanilla

Default More on Pipe Sizes

I have been thinking today about our conversation about pipe sizes a week or
so ago, and I have decided I am still confused. If most pumps have 2-inch
fittings, what good does it do to have 4-inch pipe everywhere else? Isn't
the 2-inch connection the limiting factor?

My pond will have a bottom drain and a skimmer that will empty into a VF. A
pump in a pump house will pull water from the VF and dump it back into the
main pond. Currently my plan is to use 4-inch pipe from skimmer/bottom drain
to VF, 4-inch pipe from VF to pump house, and 4-inch pipe as a return to the
pond. I have not selected my pump yet, so I am not sure what I will need
there.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla