Old 21-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Catamount

Default Right grass? Online help?

I used to work with a landscaper back in high school. Friends of mine
just built a house, the builder planted grass but it seems the snow
killed it all. All that is coming up are weeds. They have almost no
money so I was thinking of trying to do it for them as a late "home
warming" gift. I live in the North East US, Vermont to be exact. What
types of grass should I be looking at to buy? They live in a wooded
area, but the areas where there should be "lawn" get a good deal of sun.
Are there any websites out there dedicated to helping people like me
know what is needed to get started? I used to just be told to "do this"
and I did it like a good worker bee. the lawn area is relatively small,
1/4 of an acre, maybe a half acre. The area keeps moist pretty well.
They have a brook that was rerouted around the land, so it is well
"watered" area.