Old 21-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Harold Robbins

escape wrote:

You really do need to give me more than conjecture. Where have you read they
are murdering beautiful birds of this country causing a nation wide crisis?
What do you mean by "real" native birds? They ARE real native birds. Are we
talking about the same animals? I am talking about boat tailed grackles.

I'm talking about the millions of birds that were not in Austin 20 years
ago and now infest every tree in the city. They eat the eggs of
songbirds if they can find the nest, they kill any songbirds that come
into Austin which is on the major migratory path between the north and
Mexico. They overwhelm the songbirds and the pretty birds and kill them
or starve them to death. They paint the cars white. If you park under a
tree to avoid the sun, when you return you will find several hours of
work cleaning your car. If they have any redeeming features, I havn't
seen them. You call them native, maybe they are in other parts of Texas
but they aren't here.

Harold