Old 21-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Dukester

"Warren" wrote in message
paghat wrote:
The house will be fine.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Everyone plants next to the house.

If everybody jumped off a cliff....

If your siding is wood, anything planted too close to the house will

prevent
you from repainting your house. Some climbing vines will latch onto the
wood, and may leave the wood too damaged to simply repaint. Some foliage

and
flowers may stain the paint on wood, or aluminum siding, or damage vinyl
siding. Pests can use the plants to get into the siding. And that's just
what can happen above the surface. Below the surface, roots can find

cracks,

Thanks! Real advice from someone here! (And not a guide to marriage
counseling.) We do have wood siding. What you told me confirmed things I
thought I knew, but the "everyone does it" attitude seems to prevail
anymore.

--Cheers!
Duke