Old 21-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Gary

On 4/19/05 9:55 PM, in article ,
"Me" wrote:

..don't want to kill off all the plants by eating it all!! How many
of the spears should I pick? Thanks!!!

The longer you can wait the stronger the plants will become and the more you
will have in the future. Leave a few and eat a few...that's what birds and
predatory insects do...leave enough for next years feast! Or you could be
like an insecticide and eat (kill) everything in sight...and leave nothing
for tomorrow or next year.
Gary
PS: I just happened to walk past my asparagus patch...I have enough to feed
the neighbours...well at least the ones that like asparagus! I think the
others had a mysterious upbringing. They only like carrots, peas
etc....boring!