Old 21-04-2005, 03:51 PM
jane

On 20 Apr 2005 22:15:05 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

~In article ,
~Terry Perrett wrote:
~Hi can anyone tell how to grow these things. I brought some seeds back from
~spain about 9 years ago, it has grown steadily to about 4 ft high, 2 years
~ago I had 1 flower for the first time and since then nothing at all.
~I over winter it in a conservatory and keep it dry, I have tried feeding it
~some years and ignoring it others but I must be doing something wring. My
~sister who lives about 10 miles away gets hers to flower every year.
~Any advice from you experts out there?
~
~My guess is that you have been unlucky. Plants grown from seed are
~variable, and it might be a poor flowerer. I am no expert, but it
~sounds as if you are treating it correctly.
~
~I assume that it is in very well-drained compost, somewhat pot-bound,
~and you feed only in summer and not with too much nitrogen.
~
And you keep it in bright light? They like direct sunlight. I can't
help your specific problem as I've only just had my 4-year-old flower
for the first time and am currently waiting for it to grow a seedpod
as I hand-pollinated it. Because of this, I don't expect it to flower
next year.

Though I have just acquired two other cultivars of BoP ( S. Reginae
Mandela's Gold and S. Reginae juncea) which were sown on Sunday!

--
jane

Mark Twain