Old 21-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Scott

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:56:58 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message . com
from "ken" contains these words:

I have tried peanut butter and it isn'r working on my rat traps - what
are some other baits that are effective?

Small lump of tinned dog or catfood. But possibly, it's the trap or
its location that doesn't appeal, rather than the bait. Mice will enter
any old mouse-trap pretty much anywhere you put it; rats are far
choosier. A rat trap needs to be located in a sheltered concealed
place, preferably along a rat-run route.

Don't forget to remove all alternative sources of rat snacks
(birdfeeders, pet dishes etc).

Great idea. I wonder how long it will take to remove all these
alternatives from the UK? sigh.