Old 21-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Rod

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:18:23 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I also thought birds lifted them, last year I netted the onions, and
garlic, there were still odd ones lifted. I'm wondering if the action
of root growth does it.

Yes it does but it doesn't scatter them far and wide. I've never
caught anything redhanded, I was always doubtful about birds because
our cages keeep out all but the small birds so I've been tending to
think in terms of voles -perhaps young males - it's spring after
all;~))
On the other hand Brian's hypothesis is quite persuasive - I'll try
and watch more closely next year.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.