Old 21-04-2005, 10:57 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

What are you going to try new in the pond this
year?
kathy

I can tell you what I've done so far. Removed the pot at the top of the
waterfall. Originally it was a fake flower pot filter my son had made.

Having no idea back then that it wouldn't even begin to filter a pond our
size once the fish grew. The next year (1997) the guys put in the barrel
filter, but plumb it into the back of the fake flower pot. (I wasn't home
at the time to prevent this.) This year we finally removed it at the same
time that son added a spigot into the output pipe so I can do water change
outs using the pond pump, rather than having to put an extra pump into the
pond. Now it is snap on hose, open spigot and turn on refill water, run for
20-30 minutes.

Another change was selling my biggest and oldest fish, pond looks empty
without her, but all those babies have room to grow now. I still have a big
black one for the new owners to come pick up too. Then I can concentrate on
removing some of the plain colored babies (if I can catch them) and looking
for a black butterfly koi. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~